- Emergency Conference
4th November 2019
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Event Phone: 0116 258 3871
We are pleased to announce that the next Quality Improvement & Safety Half Day will be used as a Time to Train on UHL’s Major Incident & Mass Casualty Plan and the recently published Clinical Guidelines for Major Incidents (available to download here)
Free parking will be available at the stadium and delegates should arrive from 1pm for a prompt start at 1:30pm. Tea and coffee will be available on arrival.
In line with previous Quality & Safety Half Days, elective activity will be taken down to facilitate attendance and the sessions are open to all who wish to attend.
Please click here to view the day’s agenda which includes our guest speaker Professor Paul Dark who will provide unique insight on responding to a major incident, following close involvement in the Manchester Arena attack which took place on 22nd May 2017.
The afternoon will include five breakout sessions for more targeted discussions and all delegates will need to register to attend just 2. Please see below for which clinical guidelines will be covered in each breakout session:
Breakout session breakdowns:
Breakout Session 1: Damage Control
- Immediate wound management
- Major incident anaesthesia for P1/resus casualties
- Major incident surgical / proximal haemorrhage control
- Blast lung in a major incident
Breakout Session 2: LRI Surgery
- Major incident abdominal trauma
- Major incident pelvic and long bone injury
- Major incident universal fasciotomies
- Head, face and neck injuries in a major incident
- Blast ear and hearing loss in a major incident
- Eye injuries in a major incident
- Safe spinal injury care in a major incident
Breakout Session 3: Non-LRI Specialties
- Major incident neuro trauma
- Major incident vascular trauma
- Major incident thoracic trauma
- Burns in a major incident
Breakout Session 4: Acute Medical Support
- Support for trauma care
- Maintenance of BAU
Breakout Session 5: Aftercare
- Rehabilitation coordination and medical support in a major incident
- Psychosocial support for staff
- Bereavement care in a major incident
This event is dedicated SPA time and all who attend will receive a certificate of attendance for their portfolios with details on key learning outcomes.
For any questions about this session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please select your two preferred workshops by select a ticket for those workshops in the ticket section:
Venue: King Power Stadium
Venue Phone: 0344 815 5000
Venue Website: https://www.lcfc.com/king-power-stadium/parking-travelAddress: