EDUCATION AWARDS 2018
Following the 2017 UHL Education Showcase and the recent Junior Doctor Morale Survey, it was clear that there is a need to more visibly recognise excellence in our junior and senior educators.
UHL officially launched its first Educator Awards on Friday 4th May 2018.
Please give some thought to who you would like to nominate for these awards. To request a nomination form, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page. The closing date for submission is Friday 29th June 2018.
The categories and awards available are as follows:
Senior Educator Awards
- Most supportive UHL Consultant /SAS Supervisor -consistently providing outstanding support to the Junior Doctors during postgraduate training/non-training clinical placements
- Outstanding Clinical Teacher -consistently providing excellent support to Medical Students on placements in UHL (using existing Medical School feedback free text)
- Most Inspiring Role Model -Person who supports and inspires Junior Doctors to achieve their best whilst working in UHL
- Most Inspiring Role Model – Junior Doctor who supports and inspires other trainees/locally employed doctors to achieve their best whilst working in UHL
- Most Inspiring Role Model – Junior Doctor who supports and inspires medical students to achieve their best whilst working in UHL
• Rising Star/Most Promising teacher -consistently providing outstanding support to the Junior Doctors during training/non-training clinical placements
• Outstanding Contribution to Training – Foundation/Core/Specialty/Students
- Education Team Award – a group of individuals within a clinical area who provide and promote a high quality environment for medical education
- Education Support Award – awarded to an individual or team who provide local or trust wide support for medical education (UG or POST GRAD)
- UHL Award for Innovation in Education & Training – individuals are invited to submit an abstract describing their educational innovation. A bursary (max £500) will be awarded to the winner, to enable the development, dissemination or promotion of the innovation