2019 UHL Medical Educator Awards
Following the success of the 2018 awards, the 2019 awards were held on Friday 20th September 2019 at the Leicester Racecourse. The aim of these awards is to recognise excellence in our junior and senior educators.
Nominations are sent in by our senior and junior doctors for a number of categories including ‘Most Supportive Supervisor’ and ‘Outstanding Contribution to Teaching’.
The award winners and runners up can be found below:
- Most Supportive Supervisor. Winner: Jonathan Cusack. Runner up: Mandar Marathe.
- Most Inspiring Role Model. Winner: Chris Miller. Runner up: Irfana Musa.
- Outstanding Contribution to Teaching. Winners: Antonio Corno & Thanthullu Vasu. Runner up: Alastair Sandilands.
- Oustanding Clinical Teacher. Winner: Alastair Sandilands. Runners up: Kenny Sunmboye, Jayne Douglas-Moore & Ben Jackson.
- Most Inspiring Role Model. Winner: John Black. Runner up: Aleem Ahmed.
- Rising Star/Most Promising Teacher. Winner: Sarah Edwards. Runner up: Kishan Patel.
- Outstanding Contribution to Teaching. Winner: Aleem Ahmed. Runner up: Andrew Nicholds.
- Outstanding Clinical Teacher. Winners: Daniel Couch & Chris Green. Runners up: Lambros Athanatos & Tom Palser.
- Education Team Award. Winner: Emergency Department Education Team. Runner up: Neonatal Simulation Team.
- Education Support Award. Winner: Hannah Conway. Runner up: Joanne Kirtley.
- Innovation and Excellence in Teaching Award. Winner: Use of tele-mentoring for ICU ultrasound teaching and accreditation in Education & Training. Runners up: Bleep Test Simulation Project & Sim Pall in Situ Simulant.